New: The first English Personal Trainer course in the Netherlands powered by the National Academy of Sports Medicine: the number one Personal Trainer Academy of the United States of America. So get qualified, become an International NASM certified Personal Trainer!
Do you want to give others the guidance and strength to lead a healthy lifestyle? With this Personal Trainer certification you will be qualified to plan and implement exercise programs for healthy individuals or those who have medical clearance to exercise. You will learn to facilitate motivation and adherence as well as develop and administer programs designed to enhance muscular strength, endurance, flexibility, cardiorespiratory fitness, body composition and/or any of the motor skills related components of physical fitness. Thanks to this course you will make an impact on the lives of others. After this course you can sign up to become a Physical Trainer with the Performance Enhancement Specialist certification.
Deze opleiding wordt in het Engels gegeven maar is uiteraard ook toegankelijk voor Nederlandse deelnemers die graag een moderne, internationaal georienteerde en erkende opleiding volgen.
|Who:||People who want to become a certified Personal Trainer.|
Minimum age: 18 years. You will have to speak and read English.
|Duration:||10 lessons and two exams (preparation lessons not included)|
|Internship:||Yes (minimum 40 hours)|
|Day & time:||
Wednesday 19.00 - 22.00 hours (Amsterdam)
|Exams:||Theory exam and practical exam (all in English)|
€ 1.685,- (course + book + online study material)
Payment has to be fullfilled before the start of the course. Payment is possible in 2 terms:First term (50%) will be due ultimately two weeks after enrollment. Second term (50%) will be due ultimately one week before the start of the course.
For an impression of the course, see these two clips:
- Exercise physiology
- Program design and periodization
- Assessment & measering skills
- Core training
- Functional training
- Strength training
- Cardiovascular training
- Weight loss programs & nutrition
- Special populations
Our International NASM-CPT certificate is accredited through Europe Active (the European Health & Fitness Association). NASM Certified Personal Trainers are automatically registered for the first year in the European Register of Exercise Professionals (EREPS - Level 4). Fit-NL will registrate you after you pass all the exams and become certified and is offering you one year of registration for free! You can broaden your horizons and work in a European country of your choice. It is possible that certain gyms require you to obtain further certification, depending on the country and local rules and regulations.
If however you want to –be able to- work in the USA, other qualifications and regulations apply;
To become a certified personal trainer in the USA, you must successfully pass an exam validated by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA). In addition to passing this exam, certified personal trainers are required to be 18 years of age and hold a current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automated external defibrillator (AED) certification.
Fit-NL offers you the opportunity to obtain this certification in a few simple steps;
- Fit-NL offers you to take the validated exam at an NASM appointed location in the Netherlands through an accredited NASM alliance. Date, time and place are determined by NASM and will deviate from the Fit-NL schedule. Important: this exam is only offerd a few times a year. So there is a fair chance you will not finish the course in time as programmed on our website. The additional costs for this exam are 200,00 Euros. Do keep in mind this is added to our standard exam costs. Payment is due before the exam date.
- You will need to get certified for cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automated external defibrillator (AED). You need to submit a copy of the certificate to Fit-NL before the theoretical exam.
- You have to be over the age of 18 or you will need a high school diploma (or the equivalent). In Europe this equals a diploma on 4 EQF level (in the Netherlands this equals MBO level 4, or HAVO). You will need to send a copy of your diploma to Fit-NL.
When you meet all mentioned qualifications, pass the exam, and submit all the requested documents, Fit-NL and NASM will provide you with the USA accredited certificate.
NASM has strict rules about the expiration date of the certificates. The certificate is valid two years after passing your theoretical exam. After two years you will have to follow a recertification course.
|25 February *||25 February *||25 February *||25 February *||25 February *|
|4 March *||4 March *||4 March *||4 March *||4 March *|
|7 March||11 March||17 March||7 April||13 April|
|14 March||18 March||24 March||14 April||20 April|
|21 March||25 March||7 April||21 April||11 May|
|28 March||8 April||14 April||28 April||18 May|
|4 April||15 April||21 April||12 May||25 May|
|11 April||22 April||12 May||26 May||1 June|
|18 April||13 May||19 May||9 June||8 June|
|25 April||27 May||26 May|
|9 May||3 June||2 June|
|16 May||10 June||9 June|
|30 May (exam)||15 June (exam)||15 June (exam)||15 June (exam)||15 June (exam)|
|20 June ** (re-sit exam)||8 July ** (re-sit exam)||6 July ** (re-sit exam)||29 June (re-sit exam)||29 June (re-sit exam)|
|30 June (exam)||15 July (exam)||14 July (exam)||7 July (exam)||8 July (exam)|
* preparation lessons at our training facility in Leiden
** re-sit theoretical exam is at our training facility in Leiden